A collection of 15 wise change management quotes from some of the most well-known change managers – John F. Kennedy, Niccolo Machiavelli, Jack Welch, Winston Churchill, and some more.
1. “Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.”
– John F. Kennedy
2. “If you want to make enemies, try to change something.”
– Woodrow Wilson
3. “Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times.”
4. “People don’t resist change. They resist being changed!”
– Peter Senge
5. “Everybody has accepted by now that change is unavoidable. But that still implies that change is like death and taxes — it should be postponed as long as possible and no change would be vastly preferable. But in a period of upheaval, such as the one we are living in, change is the norm.”
– Peter Drucker
6. “Change is hard because people overestimate the value of what they have—and underestimate the value of what they may gain by giving that up.”
– James Belasco and Ralph Stayer
7. “In times of rapid change, experience could be your worst enemy.”
8. Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
– Arnold Bennett
9. Future shock is the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time.
– Alvin Toffler
10. I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.
– Georg C. Lichtenberg
11. The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.
– Nathaniel Branden
12. Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.
– Sydney J. Harris
13. Change before you have to.
– Jack Welch
14. “Change can either challenge or threaten us…Your beliefs pave your way to success or block you.”
– Marsha Sinetar
15. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
– Winston Churchill